Adventures await you in lake livin' country.
The South Whiteshell is very desirable not only for it's natural beauty but also for the many other services offered for residents, cottagers, campers and day use visitors. Some of the other services offered are:
- We have a new, modern school at Falcon Lake, administrated through the Frontier School Division, which ranges from Nursery/Kindergarten to Grade 10 at which time the students travel by bus to Steinbach for Grade 11 & 12.
- We have a 3 member RCMP detachment at Falcon Lake, which increases to 5 for the busy summer months.
- We also have a new medical centre staffed by a doctor full time from May to September and part time from October to April. To contact the South East Whiteshell Medical Centre please call 349-2529.
- There is a 24 hour ambulance service with year round staff situated in Falcon Lake and a 24 hour volunteer fire department located at West Hawk Lake with a sub station at Falcon Lake. To access these services please call ‘911’.
- We have a post office at West Hawk Lake located at Black Bear Power Products and one at Falcon Lake located at Lumber One Building Supplies.
- We have a 3 sheet curling rink attached to the Whiteshell Community Club which offers regular curling from November through to April along with several popular bonspiels. Attached to the community club is a gymnasium used by the community and the school which includes a well equipped work out room accessible 24 hours a day with a community club membership and gym membership.
- There are 2 yacht clubs in the area, one at Falcon Lake and one at West Hawk Lake.
- 3 local churches: All Peoples Church at Falcon Lake open year round, Roman Catholic Church at Falcon Lake open from May to September, West Hawk United church at West Hawk open year round.